Saturday, December 27, 2008

After 42 days without food or water




10/15 Arrival to new home:

3/22/06 For those who have been following this story, I have made a decision to keep Beulah and not adopt her out. I came to this decision after B spent 3 trial days with a wonderful adoptive home, and I cried for 3 days... So perhaps it is a selfish decision, but I didn't want to grieve over her loss when I didn't have to. Something changed over the past couple of months, and she switched from "the dog I need to find a home for" to "that cute, lovable, very good girl with the wrinkly face who sleeps by my feet." You can see my dilemna! So the end to this story is Beulah is staying with me. Thanks to all who wrote with their opinions, I took them all into consideration and this is where I ended up.



Beulah was featured in an article in the Times this Sunday!(link expired) There is video of Beulah there too. I'm trying to find an excellent home for Beulah. Not just a good home... an EXCELLENT home. Are you her forever home? Expect a lot of questions from me, I am very protective of her, a strict adoption contract, and an adoption fee of 100.00.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!
BEULAH IS DOING GREAT AFTER HER FIRST HEARTWORM TREATMENT. SHE SEEMS TO BE FEELING FINE, FRISKY AND AFFECTIONATE. HOPEFULLY 2006 WILL BE A MUCH BETTER YEAR FOR HER AND THE OTHER KATRINA ANIMALS WHO MADE IT THROUGH 2005 ALIVE. LET'S KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED THEY ALL GET ADOPTED BY WONDERFUL PEOPLE AND THEIR SUFFERING ENDS. (new photos below)

Here is Her Highness the Queen of Sheeba! She and her servants would like to wish the rest of you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, and Merry Festivus (for the rest of us) !
Today (11/9) IS BEULAH'S 27TH DAY OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!! TWENTY WHOLE DAYS OF GLORIOUS FREEDOM, GOOD FOOD, FRESH WATER, MEDICAL CARE, WALKS, AND LOTS OF LOVE FROM HER FOSTER MOM AND TONS OF FANS ROOTING FOR HER!!!!! SHE HAS GAINED 14 POUNDS TOO!!!
TO READ ABOUT BEULAH'S RESCUE CLICK "DOCUMENTS" ON LEFT
Welcome! If you are here, you have an interest in Beulah the wonder dog, and how she is doing and progressing. I believe she embodies the plight of the Katrina animals, and the fact that she survived after 42 days in a locked house without food or water.....it just shows how special these animals are. I'm blessed to share my house with her now.


Beulah's new teddy bear. She can carry this behemoth around in her mouth, and she does frequently!

This is what I call the "Whatcho talkin' bout , Willus" photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment